Monday, January 24, 2011

The Book Shelf What We’re Reading… Yoga Haven Staff Picks


As we enter this season of New Year’s resolutions, why not resolve to dive into “The Four Agreements: A Toltec Wisdom Book” by Don Miguel Ruiz?  Yoga Haven instructor, Deirdre O’Connor credits this “great little book” with guiding her on a journey of self-discovery. “It’s helped me to deal with stress and work on my personal goals.  It’s brought me closer to all of the love in my life, while allowing me to let go of fear and all the negative fall-out from that.  And, it’s given me a greater sense of personal freedom.”

       According to Deirdre, the book is based on a knowledge said to be held by the ancient Toltecs of Mexico, who taught that the path to happiness, love, and a deeper sense of self is attained through a commitment to the 'Four Agreements.’   The agreements, which are a template for personal behavior and development, are straightforward:  Be impeccable with your word; Don't take anything personally; Don’t make assumptions; and Always do your best.  “Their pearls of wisdom are hidden in plain sight,” says Deirdre.  “This book has definitely inspired me to be more patient, more accepting, and more understanding of our differences as individuals.  I’m a happier person because of this book.”

Copies of The Four Agreements are available for sale in the Yoga Haven shop.
Please stop by and check it out.